Art Impressions - Backyard Boss Slimline Birthday Card

Art Impressions Challenge - Bloom Where You're Planted








I always struggle with birthday cards for men.  There are so many products that work for cards for women and children, but not as much is made for men.  And when I do find good male products, I often sit on them and overthink it before using them so male cards are still a challenge for me!

This card features the "Backyard Boss" stamp from Art Impressions #4377.  My other half loves to go play with his leaf blower in the yard, so this is perfect!  The background is in 3 layers.  The bottom layer is watercolor paper with grass and clouds stenciled on it - from Polkadoodles and LDRS.  The next layer is a piece of acetate that I splashed with alcohol inks and blew out to make a colorful background that shows nicely when put over the white paper.  On top of that is the main layer of leaves and the sentiment.  And the main character is pushed out on foam squares to add dimension.  The leaves are from an older Polkadoodles autumn stamp set.  The leaves and the "Backyard Boss" are colored with alcohol markers - my preference is Spectrum Noir Illustrators for markers.  #artimpressions, #artimpressionschallenge, #alcoholinks, #spectrumnoir, #stamping

Thanks for looking!


Woohoo!  I just won the lucky random winner on this challenge for Art Impression.  Thank you so much - I'm so excited!!!



Products Used:




1 comment:

LDRS Creative - Tiki Hut Pocket Pals 2nd Card

What I really love about the pocket pal sets is that you can do a card two different ways - you can cut it out and put it on a normal 5x7 or...