Tim Holtz The Crusty Vampire Card

This Halloween card may be my favorite of the year - mostly due to being able to salvage it after a mistake LOL.  I absolutely love the NEW Tim Holtz "The Count" die - he is an adorable character!  But . . . his nose piece is a bit thin in places and I managed to slightly rip it when assembling.  No worries - just distress him and scruff him up a bit and add some blush and some of the NEW Ranger Crypt Grit Paste over the bits and call him "sunburned" lol.  The window feature of the orange sunset helps the idea of a vampire who got just a bit too much sun . . . 



I used the Tim Holtz Crackle and Brickwork 3D embossing folders with some purple Ranger Mica Spray and silver wax overtop backed on an older retired Tim Holtz Halloween paper for my initial background. Then I added the Tim Holtz Sizzix Cathedral Window die cut out of chipboard and then covered over with glitter cardstock. Once cut out, I lined the window with acetate and used an orange alcohol ink on it to get the sunset glow and then stamped the Spiderweb Background from Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous Cobwebs CMS306 on white cardstock to put behind the colored acetate for a spooky view. Next I added some decor by using some small decorative items (skull, bones, cobwebs) from the Tim Holtz Sizzix die sets for "Frightful Things" and now retired "Halloween Mini Things". I added a Tim Holtz Idea-ology Quotechip. And of course the star is the Tim Holtz Sizzix die "The Count" along with his bats with some Ranger "Crypt" grit paste.

Main Products Used (that are still available):

The Count  Crackle Brickwork



No comments:

Post a Comment

LDRS Creative - Tiki Hut Pocket Pals 2nd Card

What I really love about the pocket pal sets is that you can do a card two different ways - you can cut it out and put it on a normal 5x7 or...