Tim Holtz Steampunk Pumpkin King Card

Halloween Card Number 4 . . . 

This one was inspired by my Halloween card number 3 "Pumpkin Patch".  I admit - I fuss with my cards and change them often after I think I'm done LOL.  Usually once I'm done, I bring it up to my bedroom to sit on my bookcase for a day or two while I enjoy it, and generally I will start to pick at it until I change it.  My pumpkin patch card had the pumpkins stacked on it for a slimline card.  While I stared at it for a few days, it began to look like a head and body to me.  Thus this card - that turned the 2 stacked pumpkins into an actual character and what better character than a Pumpkin King!




The main die set used is still the NEW Tim Holtz Sizzix "Pumpkin Patch Colorize" die set, but I took away the face on the larger pumpkin of the two and added legs and arms from pieces of the older Tim Holtz Sizzix "Fall Foilage" die set to create the character. I added the hat from the Tim Holtz Sizzix "Winter Wardrobe" die set and the monocle and bow tie from Tim Holtz Sizzix "Hip Haunts" die set. I added Steampunk pieces from the Tim Holtz Sizzix Robotic and Gearhead die sets. He is holding the spider from Tim Holtz Sizzix "Frightful Things" die set.

I made the background paper from Ranger Distress Sprays in shaded lilac and wilted violet, and Ranger Mica Sprays in hocus pocus and empty tomb. I stamped over the background once it dried with Stampers Anonymous CMS241 Ledger Script, and I added the birds from the Tim Holtz Sizzix retired "Scarecrow" die set (but any birds or bats would be cute). Finally - I used the black glitter and mica flakes from the NEW Ranger Halloween Sparkle set. Lastly I added an Idea-ology Halloween quote chip and Idea-ology Hardware Heads and Mini Gear Sprocket to finish. Thanks for looking!


Main Products Used (that are still available):


Pumpkin Patch Dies                   Fall Foilage Dies                  Winter Wardrobe Dies


                   


Hip Haunts Dies                            Robotic Dies                        Frightful Things Dies


                    

Ranger Sparkle Set                  Ranger Mica Sprays              Distress Shaded Lilac


                 


Distress Wilted Violet                 CMS241 Ledger Script              Hardware Heads

   
   
                 


Mini Gear Sprocket                     Halloween Quote Chips


              


               

No comments:

Post a Comment

LDRS Creative - Tiki Hut Pocket Pals 2nd Card

What I really love about the pocket pal sets is that you can do a card two different ways - you can cut it out and put it on a normal 5x7 or...