Polkadoodles Hocus Pocus Wall Art

My partner's daughter loves Halloween and Hocus Pocus as much as I do and she has a birthday coming up where that is the theme, so I tried to figure out something to make for a gift and turned to Polkadoodles as a top runner.  I decided to make her something for her walls to decorate with for Halloween as I know she will hang it up.  


I choose the Polkadoodles "Spellbinding Witches" digi-stamps for the job.  I haven't done a lot with digi-stamps until recently as I didn't have a good printer and couldn't figure out an easy way to configure them - thank you Polkadoodles for putting out a youtube video on how to use them, because now I'm hooked!  They made it so easy to just drag the files into Microsoft Word and size them and link them together now.  I chose Belladonna, Ravella, and Pandora to represent the 3 witches in Hocus Pocus and colored them in their colors.  Ravella for Winnifred, because she has the book of spells.  Pandora for Mary because her hair reminded me of her, Belladonna for Sarah as she seemed "sexy-ish" and yet innocent all the same, like Sarah.  I overlapped the digi-stamps so they are all close together and began to color . . .


I ended up not using the phrase I typed at the bottom though, as it just didn't look right to me once colored.  My alcohol marker of choice is Spectrum Noir Illustrators, and that is what I used here.  Once the witches were done, I had to figure out a background - and what better than a full moon!  I achieved that look by using a large circle die cut and cutting out a plain circle that I positioned over the witches. I then used some Distress "Lost Shadow" ink around the edges to form my moon shape.  Once done, I colored it in with yellow Illustrator markers. Then I created a night sky with Distress "Prize Ribbon and "Wilted Violet" inks.  The ground was watercolored in with Distress "Walnut Stain" and "Black Soot" inks.  Next I added in the trees with the Polkadoodles "Creepy Tree" stencil.  And I finished it off with stamped lightning bolts and bats from Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous "Mr. Bones" and "Haunted House" stamp sets and framed it.  I am entering this in the Polkadoodles challenges this week.  #Polkadoodles @Polkadoodles #TimHoltz #Stampers Anonymous #DistressInk #HalloweenArt #PolkadoodlesSpellbinding @PolkadoodlesSpellbinding #HocusPocus #Spellbinding @Spellbinding

And I was selected as a challenge winner for this make :-)  Thank you Polkadoodles!


Thanks for looking!


Products Used:

Polkadoodles Spellbinding Witches Digi-Stamps

Polkadoodles Creepy Tree Stencil

Spectrum Noir Illustrator Markers

Tim Holtz Mr. Bones Stamp Set

Tim Holtz Haunted House Stamp Set

Distress Ink - Prize Ribbon

Distress Ink - Wilted Violet

Distress Ink - Lost Shadow

Distress Ink - Walnut Stain

Distress Ink - Black Soot

2 comments:

  1. Love, love, love! this is a great picture for the wall! Thank you for sharing with us over at polkadoodles, good luck with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete

LDRS Creative - Tiki Hut Pocket Pals 2nd Card

What I really love about the pocket pal sets is that you can do a card two different ways - you can cut it out and put it on a normal 5x7 or...