Tim Holtz Mr. Bones Halloween Card

I generally make Halloween cards for around 10 people a year - and they are always my favorites as I love creating for Halloween.  Tim Holtz is always my designer of choice for this holiday - no one does it better than Tim for creating great products that makers want to use!  

This card features the Tim Holtz Sizzix Die - Mr. Bones.  I made my background with Distress Sprays Twisted Citron, Carved Pumpkin, Hickory Smoke, and Distress Oxide Wilted Violet. I used a wet on wet technique for the background, wetting down my paper first and then adding the sprays and allowing them to mix and drip toward each other closely - but not enough to get a brown muddy mix.

Next, I stamped over the background with the spiderweb from the Stampers Anonymous set CMS380 Life of the Party and embossed it with Ranger Fine Black embossing powder. I used Tim Holtz Sizzix Gatekeeper die to match out where the spiderweb stamp ended to seamlessly extend my scene. I used the Tim Holtz Sizzix Village Graveyard set for my tombstone graves. Then I added some Tim Holtz Idea-ology remnant rubs on the graves and for the spider in the web. Finally, my ground was created by adding a few layers of Distress Mica Flakes. And my last touch was to sand down the Tim Holtz Idea-ology quote chip "The Dead of Night" to finish it off.




No comments:

Post a Comment

LDRS Creative - Tiki Hut Pocket Pals 2nd Card

What I really love about the pocket pal sets is that you can do a card two different ways - you can cut it out and put it on a normal 5x7 or...