Steampunk Pumpkins

 I LOVE Halloween!  It is my favorite holiday to craft decorations for!  This year I picked up the cutest white ceramic, paintable, light-up pumpkins at Michaels.  I admit - painting, especially fine detail, is not my strong suit.  But I decided these pumpkins were too cute to not at least try out.  So the first thing I did was paint them with Carved Pumpkin and Peeled Paint Distress Paints.  And they looked cute, but . . . it was too generic for me.  So I decided I wanted to try and "Steampunk" them!  I covered over the paint with Tim Holtz Idea-ology Halloween Tissue paper with poison labels on it and then added a bunch of Idea-ology gears in different shapes and sizes with a ton of the new Distress Halloween Crypt Texture Paste.  The leaves are from a Tim Holtz die called "Garden Greens".  And then finally I sprayed some craft grass with Twisted Citron Distress Oxide Spray and added a bit all over.   Happy Halloween!




No comments:

Post a Comment

LDRS Creative - Tiki Hut Pocket Pals 2nd Card

What I really love about the pocket pal sets is that you can do a card two different ways - you can cut it out and put it on a normal 5x7 or...